What's the best temperature for my plants?
What humidity do plants need?
The average humidity in peoples homes is around 40-50%, this is on the low side for plants which tend to need humidity levels of at least 60% in order to thrive. Tropical plants are used to humidity levels as high as 70-80% in their native rainforests.
So most indoor plants will appreciate some extra humidity.
How do I increase humidity for my plants?
There are 5 good ways to increase humidity for your plants:
1) Group your plants together and that will boost humidity
2) Mist your plants regularly
3) Set your plants on a tray of pebbles
4) Consider using a humidifier
5) Put your plants in bathrooms or kitchens were humidity tends to be higher
How can I tell if my plant needs more humidity?
If the edges of your plant's leaves become crispy and brown this is often an indicator that humidity levels are too low.